UK car to Brisbane
Shipping a UK car to Brisbane?
At UGL we provide you the fastest transit times from the UK to Brisbane, from only 39 days, port to port.
At Unsworth Global Logistics we have been shipping UK cars to Australia since 1974. Our helpful team know the process of importing a UK car to Australia inside out and they will go out of their way to ensure your car shipment goes exactly to plan so you can be sure of the best possible advice for the best price.
UGL provides direct weekly car shipping services to all main ports in Australia, including Sydney, Melbourne, Fremantle, Brisbane and Adelaide.
Our car shipping to Australia team has the knowledge, skills and car shipping experience to prepare your car to provide the best possible protection throughout its journey. For instance, we will complete a pre-shipment condition survey, isolate the battery, and strategically place silica gel sachets in the passenger and luggage compartments to absorb moisture in the atmosphere.
CAR SHIPPING TO AUSTRALIA – KEY FACTS
- Cars can be worth up to 3x their UK value in Australia.
- Cars newer than 1988 must be both owned and used in the UK for more than 12 months. The importer must also have Australian residency.
- An import approval issued by the Australian Government is required and can take up to 4–6 weeks to obtain.
- We have been shipping cars by container from our Ipswich warehouse to Australia for more than 40 years.
- Our ships sail weekly taking 6–7 weeks to arrive in Australia. It can take up to 4 weeks in Australia to import and register a car.
- Australian import taxes are 5% duty on the vehicle customs value + 10% GST on the same value + the duty + the shipping costs.
- Australian paperwork and procedures can be very particular, exacting, and costly, but it can all be worthwhile.
If you have any questions about shipping a car to Brisbane, feel free to get in contact with a member of our helpful team by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)20 8539 8899 where we will be happy to assist you.