Shipping my car to Darwin
Direct weekly car shipping services to Darwin
With over 40 years experience in shipping vehicles from the UK, UGL has developed bespoke car shipping solutions to suit your needs and expectations.
We provide direct weekly sailings from Felixstowe and Southampton, UK to all main ports in Australia. Our transit time to Darwin is just 56 days, port to port.
Being at the forefront of the automotive industry, UGL offer a revolutionary service known as car racking which allows our customers to ship up to:
- 4 passenger cars in 1 HC container.
- 6 micro-cars in 1 HC container.
- 3 (4x4s) in 1 HC container.
What should I know before shipping my car to Darwin?
- In Australia cars can be worth up to 2 or 3 times their UK
- A car newer than 1988 must be owned and used in the UK for over 12 months first and the importer must have Australian residency.
- An import approval is required from the Australian Government which can take up to 4–6 weeks to obtain.
- Ships sail weekly taking 6–7 weeks, and it can take 2–4 weeks in Australia to import and register a car.
- Australian import taxes are 5% duty on the vehicle customs value + 10% GST on the same value + the duty + the shipping costs.
- Australian paperwork and procedures can be very particular, exacting, and costly, but it can all be worthwhile.